Eisnor logo

4787 Clinton St. Clark Mills, NY

Personal Lines Insurance


Q: When I am removing a vehicle from my insurance policy, what should be done with the vehicle's license plates?

A: You must turn your plates into the Department of Motor Vehicles. You will then get a receipt called a FS6T. This you need to give to your insurance agency as proof that the vehicle is off the road. At this time your coverage can be cancelled.


Q: May I pay on my premium after the premium due date?

A: Yes, you have a grace period of approximately five days depending on the insurance company, however there may be a late fee charged.


Q: When renting a vehicle, should I buy the insurance coverage offered by the car rental company?

A: If you have automobile insurance protection on your personal vehicles, you do not need to buy extra coverage.


Q: If my car is in the shop for mechanical repairs, and I need to rent a temporary vehicle, does my auto policy's rental car reimbursement coverage cover this?

A: Rental Car Reimbursement Coverage, if purchased, is only for vehicles that have been in an accident, not for cars experiencing mechanical failure.


Q: When my child gets his/her driver's license must I add him/her to my insurance policy?

A: Yes. All licensed drivers living in the household need to be listed on that auto policy unless they have their own auto insurance elsewhere.


Q: If a tree falls on my property but does not damage anything, is there coverage to have the tree removed?

A: No, not on an unendorsed home owners' insurance policy. There are endorsements available that would include this kind of coverage, up to a certain limit, depending on the insurance carrier.


Q: Is there a discount for having both home and auto insurance coverage with us?

A: Yes, if the coverage is with the same carrier. This discount would apply to both policies.


Q: If I don't receive my bill, can you tell me how much I owe?

A: For most companies we do not get copies of your invoices, however we can usually call the insurance company for the information.



Commercial Lines Insurance


Q: What are your hours of operation?

A: Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM.


Q: When do on the job injuries need to be reported for Workers Compensation cases?

A: The employer must file a C-2 First Report of Work Related Accident with both the insurance company and the Workers' Compensation Board within ten (10) days after the occurrence of the accident if: 1. The employee lost time beyond the regular working day or 2. The employee required more than two (2) medical office visits for treatment.


Q: Is there a charge to add an Additional Insured to my policy?

A: Depending on the company a charge may be imposed typically between $25.00 and $100.00.


Q: Regarding property insurance deductibles, what is the premium savings associated with carrying higher deductibles?

A: The standard deductible is $250. There are typical savings (off the property premium only) for higher deductibles:

$500 deductible - 5% savings

$1000 deductible - 10% savings

$2500 deductible - 17% savings

$5000 deductible - 22% savings

Answering your frequently asked questions

We aim to give the best insurance coverage for your lifestyle. Contact us today!

Call 315-853-8800

click here to request a quote